Extinguishing cylinders type HRD
The HRD extinguishing cylinders are among most versatile and advanced explosion suppression systems.
- Explosion protection of equipment units (including silos, filters, cyclones, mixers, drying plants, pelleting machines, etc.) in the presence of flammables at explosive concentration levels.
- The HRD cylinders provide explosion protection for processing equipment units, vessels, and ductwork that contain class ST1 to ST3 particulate matter, gases and/or hybrid mixtures in all industrial sectors.
- Each HRD extinguishing cylinder (which contains a suppressant powder) is sealed with a safety membrane underneath which a detonating device is installed with a membrane shearing coil.
- When the detonator is triggered by a control unit output, within 1.5 millisecond it propels the membrane coil which ruptures the membrane.
- The HRD extinguishing cylinder is pressurized with nitrogen to 60 bars; the breached membrane allows expulsion of the KIDDEx suppressant powder towards the protected equipment unit(s) (and the HRD cylinder emptying time is 35 to 80 ms).
- Application temperature: -20°C to +70°C.
- Approved Ex-zones of use: Zone 22, 21, 2, and 1 outside the protected equipment; Zone 22, 21, 20, 2, 1, and 0 inside the protected equipment.
- Protection type: II ½ D T 85C IP 65
- ATEX-compliant design