SmArtGas 4 detector for Ex zones
The SmArtGas 4 gas sensor has been developed to provide reliable gas measurement, monitoring and detection in harsh environments. Designed in accordance with the ATEX Directive, it is intended to operate within explosive atmospheres, which also allows it to function in other harsh environmental conditions, such as when there are high temperatures, vapours, moisture or dust around.
3 possible configurations: Without display, with local LCD or FLED display
Individually selectable sensor, e.g. the possibility of
detection of % LEL and single ppm.
The SmArtGas 4 detector is based on a newly designed electronic platform with Bluetooth communication. The measuring head (‘FL, FH’) has also been redesigned, so that the SmArtGas 4 sensor working with the pellistor sensor has achieved more than double the response times (T90) in tests*. It is currently one of the fastest devices on the market which, in addition is the only one of the sensors manufactured in Poland, ensures protection level IP67 (as an additional option to protect the measuring mechanisms against water and dust, by means of an additional Teflon membrane). The radio interface (Bluetooth) used provides the possibility of remote calibration and configuration of the sensor.
Extremely simple danger indication
The SmArtGas 4 is also equipped with the innovative R-G-OFF (GAS-OK) system. It is a safety system that allows the efficiency of the system and the level of safety to be assessed at any time. The R-G-OFF system has been designed on the basis of easy-to-recognise light signals. The guiding principle is that any light message other than the green light obliges staff to respond immediately. This system is applicable to the SmArtGas 4 detector via the FLED – a four-colour optical alarm integrated into the gas sensor which enables the immediate location of a potential hazard, or via an additional LTT optical/acoustic alarm. In addition, it provides comfort and a sense of security for staff by being able to assess the emergency at any time.
Why choose the SmArtGas 4 detector?
- Variety of gases and vapours detected.
- Wide range of operating temperatures.
- Large selection of user interfaces: Modbus ASCII, 4 – 20 mA, relay outputs, LCD/FLED display, radio interface (Bluetooth).
- Can be supplied with sound signalling.
- Housing options: aluminium, Creodur-coated aluminium or acid-resistant steel.
- Dedicated accessories for the sensor.
- The sensor is equipped with a state-of-the-art head for optimum metrology performance.
- Achieve IP66/IP67 if necessary (if a suitable membrane is used).
- Configurable current source (source/sink).
- Non-invasive calibration and configuration – the sensor can be calibrated and parameterised (e.g. alarm threshold values) in Ex zones without opening the housing or disabling other parts of Gas Safety System.
- A solution for calibrating sensors located in hard-to-reach places.
- Remote communication with the sensor.
- Electronic compensation for ambient temperature effects.
- Self-diagnostic function.
Storage in the sensor’s memory of parameters such as CAS number of the substance, location name, serial number, time between mandatory calibrations.
Designation on the device nameplate
- Number of the notified body supervising the production process
- ATEX and IECEx certification number of the device
- Explosion-proof feature of the device
- Information on ambient temperature, power and IP
Additional information related to the explosion protection of the device
- Additional information related to the explosion protection of the device
- The recommended operating position of the sensor is head down. Other items may significantly reduce the IP of the device.
- The device should not be covered with dust.
- Each time the sensor housing cover is screwed on, pay attention to the housing thread.
- Incorrect screwing may damage the threads of the housing.
- Incorrectly tightening the screw securing the sensor housing cover can damage the housing threads.
- Incorrectly tightening the screw securing the sensor cover can damage the threads.
- Removing the protective cover affects its level of impact protection for the sensor – the device cannot operate without the protective cover.
- Do not repair the flameproof joints of the device
|Types of gases|
|Flammable gases, Diversity of detected gases and vapors.||Catalytic sensors|
|Proper response time*||Example T90 ≤ 9 s T20 ≤ 3 s|
|Required operating temperature range of the cable gland||For T6 class: -40 < Tservice < 80°C|
For T5 class: -40 < Tservice < 100°C
|Required operating temperature range of the cable||For T6 class: -40 < Tservice < 85°C|
For T5 class: -40 < Tservice < 95°C
|Relative humidity||10 – 90% continuously|
0 – 99% momentarily
|Pressure range||1013 ± 10% hPa|
|Wiring||0,5 – 2,5 mm2|
|Protection degree||IP 67 (head with FL.M, FH.M membrane)|
IP 63 (other heads)
|Enclosure material||Aluminum covered with epoxy paint|
Aluminum covered with Creodur coating
|Head material||Stainless steel|
|Cable entries||2 x 3/4” NPT or 2 x M25 x 1,5 mm|
|ATEX/IECEx||The temperature range, temperature class, and power consumed by the device depend on the sensor configuration:|
D = FLED / FLED.A / LCD
II 2G Ex db IIC T6...T5 Gb
II 2D Ex tb IIIC T80°C...T95°C Db
D = 0
II 2G Ex db IIC T6 Gb
II 2D Ex tb IIIC T80°C Db
|Electrical protection class||III|
|* Depending on the gas. Detailed information available in the device user manual.|