Process thermostat | ATEX gas / dust zones | RFT type
The RFT thermostat manages the temperature of heated liquid media. The electronic circuitry is installed in a flameproof enclosure approved for potentially explosive atmospheres classified as Zone 1 or 2 (IIA, IIB, IIC). The thermostat can be installed on processing tanks or other processing equipment types. The installation is possible with a flanged connection port or a tapped end. The thermostat is compatible with Wolff’s Ex-proof electric heaters.
The thermostat manages the temperature of heated liquid media. The product directly measures the liquid temperature for a high precision of heating. The electronic module is housed in a light aluminium alloy Ex-proof enclosure. The product is ATEX-certified for operation in Zone 1 and 2.
The most popular application include control of liquid temperature in tanks and processing equipment units by measurement of the actual temperature and management of the interfaced heater’s output. The permitted ambient operating temperature of the thermostat ranges from -20˚C to +40˚C. The product is provided with two plugged 20 mm and 25 mm cable glands for easy wiring. The mechanical installation is facilitated by a threaded end or flanged connection.
- ATEX-certified for operation in Zone 1 and 2 (explosive gas and liquid vapour atmospheres)
- Installation: flanged connection or tapped end connection port
- Cable glands: plugged, 1 x 20 mm and 1 x 25 mm
- Current load: 20A at 250VAC
- Casing material(s): die-cast aluminium
- Ingress protection: 6X
- Ambient temperature: -20˚C to +40˚C
The thermostat is designed to manage the temperature of heated liquid process media and installed on tanks and processing equipment units operated in Zone 1 and 2. The product controls electric heaters.
- Process tanks
- Process temperature measurement in Ex-zones
- Process temperature measurement
- Temperature measurement
- Thermometric casing assemblies
- Heat shields
- ATEX II 2 G
- Ex d IIC T1 to T6 Gb Zone 1 and 2
- Ex d t IIIC T450 to T85°C Db Zone 21 and 22