Convector heater | ATEX gas zones | FCR type
The FCR convector heater is approved for operation in explosive gas atmospheres. The product is available with ATEX, IECEX, CSA, and CU TR certification. The standard rated power 1, 2 or 3 kW, depending on the model. The heater provides an extremely heavy-duty design with a small base and can be placed on a floor or wall-mounted. The product is compatible with single or three-phase alternating current supply systems. The options available upon request include thermostat controls for the heaters.
The FCR electric convector heater is ATEX-certified for use in Zone 1 and 2 of explosive gas or liquid vapour atmospheres. The standard model versions provide 1, 2 or 3 kW of rated power and can work on single or three phase alternating current. The heater is provided with a terminal box for easy wiring and the overall design allows fast installation on the floor or a wall.
The heater is designed for long, heavy-duty operation. The robust housing is made of powder-coated mild steel. The mesh guard is installed at a sharp angle for improved protection; any object accidentally left on it will slide and fall down. This series of heaters is intended for small indoor work and storage areas. The products are compatible with single or three-phase alternating current or direct current supply systems.
The heating element is a high-quality, NiCr (80/20) resistance conductor. It is installed in a sheath of Incoloy 800 filled with magnesium oxide powder which provides electrical insulation and an extremely good heat transfer coefficient. The outer surface of the casing shell features ribbing which increase the heat transfer surface and improve the heating efficiency.
The standard product is supplied with a 20 mm cable gland. More cable glands can be provided on request. The permitted ambient operating temperature of the heaters ranges from -60˚C to +40˚C.
- ATEX: certified for operation in potentially explosive gas or dust atmospheres (Zone 1 and 2)
- Installation: floor (with included feet) or wall (with optional fixtures)
- Rated power: 1, 2 or 3 kW
- Single-phase input voltage: 110-120V and 230-254V
- Three-phase input voltage: 380-440 V
- Casing material(s): powder-coated mild steel
- Heating element: high-quality NiCr resistance wire in Incoloy 800 ribbed sheath, filled with magnesium oxide powder
- Control: Ex-proof thermostat (optional)
- Ingress protection: IP67
- Ambient temperature: -60˚C to +40˚C
- Ex-proof thermostat
- Wall mounting fixtures
- Heating of indoor workspaces and storage rooms in Ex-zones
- Aircraft hangars
- Chemical plants
- Battery storage areas
- Gas plants
- Container unit heating
- Storage rooms
- Frost protection
- ATEX / IECEx II 2 G
- Ex e IIC T2 to T3 Gb Zone 1 and 2 (IP67)
- CU TR
- CSA approval for Q1 zones and compartments