EX 8000 / EX 5000 multi zone control unit
- A control feature for the explosion suppression system that manages the HRD cylinders, pressure sensors and IR detectors.
- The CIE multi-zone control unit provides explosion suppression system monitoring, relays the stored energy impulse to trigger the HRD cylinders, and on-line verification of the system status.
- The modular architecture enables selective (zoned) activation of the explosion suppression system (e.g. limited to an equipment unit where an explosion occurred).
- The CIE control unit receives, controls and evaluates the outputs from pressure, spark, flame and temperature detectors.
- The HRD explosion extinguishing cylinders are triggered selectively, depending on the configuration of the explosion suppression and isolation system.
- The system detection and activation lines are continuously monitored for shorting and loss of ground.
- Backed up with battery power for continued operation in the event of a mains loss.
- Individual zones of the system can be remotely armed or put offline.
- Integrated in massive switching cabinets with optional heating or air conditioning.
- Protection type: IP54, application: Zone 22, ambient temperature: -10°C to +40°C.
- ATEX-compliant design.