FWD radiator heater | ATEX gas / dust zones | FWD type
The FWD electric radiator heater is intended for use in explosive atmospheres (Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22). The product is available with ATEX, IECEx, CCU TR, and KGS certification. The standard rated power ranges from 0.5 kW to 2 kW, depending on the model. The heater features a robust carbon steel body (or, optionally, made of stainless steel) with a powder coating finish for corrosion protection. The product is compatible with single or three-phase alternating current supply systems. The individual heating elements are replaceable to minimise the costs of ownership. The optional accessories include Ex-proof thermostat control for precise control over the ambient temperature.
The FWD electric radiator heater is ATEX-certified for operation in Zone 1, 2 (IIA, IIB, IIC) and 21 or 22 (IIIA, IIIB, IIIC) with explosive gas / liquid vapour or dust atmospheres. The standard model versions provide 0.5 kW or 2 kW of rated power and can work on single or three-phase alternating current. The heater is provided with a terminal box for easy wiring and the overall design allows fast installation on the floor or a wall.
The robust metal body is finished by powder coating for corrosion resistance in heavy-duty conditions. This series of heaters is intended for space heating and air drying in small indoor work and storage areas.
The standard product is supplied with two 20 mm cable glands. The product includes a set of pre-drilled feet for installation on the floor. More cable glands can be provided on request; other optional versions include a stainless-steel body and fixtures for wall mounting. The permitted ambient operating temperature of the heater ranges from -60˚C to +60˚C.
CAUTION! The product requires installation in a horizontal orientation and with sufficient clearance to permit unobstructed air flow.
- ATEX: certified for operation in potentially explosive gas or dust atmospheres (Zone 1, 2, 21, and 22)
- Installation: floor-mounted (for standard versions) or wall-mounted (on request)
- Rated power: 0.5 kW to 2 kW
- Single-phase input voltage: 110-120V and 230-254V
- Three-phase input voltage: 380-440 V
- Casing material(s): mild steel, powder coated in orange / grey (optionally the body can be in stainless steel)
- Heating element: a series of ceramic fittings with threaded resistance wire
- Control: Ex-proof thermostat (on request)
- Ingress protection: IP66
- Ambient temperature: -60˚C to +60˚C
|Model||Temperature class||Power [W]||Dimensions [mm]||Weight [kg]|
- Ex-proof thermostat
- Wall mounting fixtures
- Stainless-steel body
- Heating of indoor workspaces and storage rooms in Ex-zones
- Aircraft hangars
- Chemical plants
- Battery storage areas
- Gas plants
- Container unit heating
- Storage rooms
- Frost protection
- ATEX / IECEx II 2 G/D
- Ex d IIC T2 to T4 Gb for Zone 1 i 2
- Ex t IIIC T300 to T135°C Db for Zone 21 i 22
- CCU TR , KGS (Korea)