FLR oil-filled heater | ATEX gas / dust zones | FLR type
The FLR electric oil-filled heater is Ex-proof for Zone 1 and 2 (IIA, IIB, IIC) or Zone 21 and 22 (IIIA, IIIB, IIIC). The product is ATEX, EAC, Ex t IIIC, Ex d IIC and IP6X certified. The standard rated power 1, 2 or 3 kW, depending on the model. The heater features a robust design with first-class components. It can work on single-phase alternating current. Optional accessories ensure secure installation on a floor or a wall. The heater is provided with a thermostat for heat output control and the integrated thermal cut-out which keeps the temperature below 80°C.
The FLR electric oil-filled heater is ATEX-certified for use in Zone 1, 2, 21 and 22 of explosive gas, liquid vapour or dust atmospheres. The standard model versions provide 1, 2 or 3 kW of rated power and can work on single-phase alternating current. The heater is provided with a terminal box for easy wiring and the overall design allows fast installation on the floor or a wall.
The heater is designed for long, heavy-duty operation. The robust housing is made of mild steel finished with a powder coat in RAL 9010. This series of heaters is intended for small indoor work and storage areas.
The heating element is a high-quality, NiCr (80/20) resistance conductor. It is installed in a sheath of Incoloy 800 filled with magnesium oxide powder which provides electrical insulation and an extremely good heat transfer coefficient.
The standard version is provided with two plugged 25 mm cable glands and a thermal cut-out tripped at 80°C. More cable glands can be provided on request. The permitted ambient operating temperature of the heater ranges from -20˚C to +40˚C.
- ATEX: certified for operation in potentially explosive gas or dust atmospheres (Zone 1, 2, 21, and 22)
- Installation: floor (with included feet) or wall (with optional fixtures)
- Rated power: 1, 2 or 3 kW
- Single-phase input voltage: 230-240V
- Casing material(s): powder-coated stamped sheet steel
- Heating element: high-quality NiCr resistance wire in Incoloy 800 ribbed sheath, filled with magnesium oxide powder
- Charge: water/glycol heating medium
- Control: Ex-proof thermostat control
- Ingress protection: 6X
- Ambient temperature: -20˚C to +40˚C
|Model||Product code||Power [kW]||Dimensions [mm]||Weight [kg]|
- Wall mounting fixtures
- Additional cable glands
- External thermostat control
- Heating of indoor workspaces and storage rooms in Ex-zones
- Aircraft hangars
- Chemical plants
- Battery storage areas
- Gas plants
- Container unit heating
- Storage rooms
- Frost protection
- ATEX / IECEx II 2 G/D
- Ex d IIC T6 Gb (Gases) for 1 and 2 Zone
- Ex t IIIC T85°C Db (Dust) for 21 and 22 Zone
- CCU TR